Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification
The SFI Standard has been endorsed by the Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC), a globally recognized forest certification organization. Currently the program encompasses over 500 million acres worldwide.
With the endorsement of the SFI Standard, the SFI, Inc. became the PEFC US National Governing Body. This distinction brings many opportunities for the SFI Program, including:
PEFC is a global organization that endorses national forest certification systems that meet rigorous requirements for sustainable forestry.
- Participation in the PEFC General Assembly, one of the most important leadership bodies of the PEFC Council. Representing over 25 other countries, this body has a significant impact on forestry throughout the world
- Direct influence into the PEFC mutual recognition and standard setting processes and technical documents, which affects forest certification systems globally
- Representation of all US endorsed systems within the PEFC governing structure
- Use and control of the PEFC Label and Chain of Custody certification for SFI Program Participants
- Global market acceptance of SFI certified products
To view the SFI Certificate of Endorsement click here. For more information on PEFC visit www.pefc.org.